The Women's National Open serves as the primary identification vehicle for the USA Baseball Women's National Team.
Players from across the country gather to compete in the event. Registered players are divided onto teams coached by USA Baseball Women's National Team coaches and staff. Over the course of the tournament, players compete in games, as well as participate in individual workout sessions for their primary position(s).
Players selected from the Women's National Open make up the 40-woman Women's National Team Trials Team. From that pool of athletes, 20 women are selected to represent the United States in international play. The final Women's National Team roster is announced following the completion of Trials.
Women's National Open Information:
- Information concerning the location and dates of the next Women's National Open will be posted here at a later date
- Opportunity to be selected to play for Team USA at the Women's National Team Trials
- Instruction and interaction with National Team coaches and staff
- There is no fee to participate in the Women's National Open
- Players must be born in the year 2003 or before to participate (youngest player eligible would be born 12/31/2003)
Women's National Team Trials:
- The 40 players selected from the Women's National Open will compete in the Women's National Team Trials
- The final 20-player roster is announced following the completion of Trials